Episode 3: Technical Debt On Wheels
What if you were required to write a prototype for every significant development of your software system?
In this episode:
- Prototypes as the only means of proposal
- New, bootstrappy architectures vs old, established architectures
- Prototype the non-code parts of the problem
- Prototypes as risk management for legacy, debt-encrusted systems
- Can you really prototype a monolithic mountain of madness?
- No prototyping without loose coupling?
- What is a prototype anyway?
- Distributed architectures and prototyping
- Prototype first as an antidote to the monolith
- A paper prototype is misleading
- Prototypes reveal the hidden horror beneath a beautiful diagram
- The value of a pre-prototype discussion
- Wherefore art thou estimation?
- Changing the meaning of change
- Prototypes: the enemy of status-quo or the safest way to grow?